Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post #9

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

The first video we were to watch, Little Kids... Big Potential, was a look into Mrs. Cassidy's first grade class. This video showed how her students incorporate technology in their learning. The kids learned to use blogs, wiki, Nintendo DS, and videos. The students liked to blog because it helped their writing skills and other people could read what they wrote and respond.

Mrs. Cassidy began using technology in her classroom because she was trying to find a way to incorporate computers. After watching the interviews between Mrs. Cassidy and Dr. Strange, if I was going to use one of her techniques in my future classroom I think I would use blogging. The children really seemed to like being able to write blogs and they really liked people responding to what they write. I think the children writing for an audience is very important. Writing blogs also helped the students gain writing skills and they also learned the proper way to respond to someone else's blog. Overall, blogging seemed to be very beneficial for the students and I would love to use it with my own students one day.

two children on computers

2 comments:

  1. I agree, and would also use blogging. I was very skeptical about it at first, but her interview really convinced me. I also think that it is good for the children to write for an audience. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jamie, I will also use blogging in my future classroom. I never thought I would like blogging until I got into Dr. Stange's class and seen how many connections you have all over the world. It is really fun for children to talk to people all over the world and like you said, have an audience.

    ReplyDelete