Friday, March 14, 2014

C4T#2

I was assigned to post comments on Jeff Delp's blog title "Molehills Out of Mountains." He is the principal of Willis Junior High School in Chandler, Arizona. His most recent blog post "6 Things on My Education Wish list" was a short list of six things he wished for his chosen profession.
The list included:
1.) Teachers treated as professionals
2.) Recognition that good teaching is not just about curriculum
3.) Provide adequate resources
4.) Stop talking about the tests
5.) Recognize that poverty is a HUGE factor in education
6.) Less fear, more adventure
For each item on his list he goes into detail about why that is on his list. I agreed with every want on his wish list and that it was very understandable for anyone in the field of education. I stated that on my own personal wish list I would add that teachers should be more appreciated. I have always felt that sometimes teachers are taken for granted and people do not really see all the jobs a teacher really takes on.

Another one of Jeff Delp's post was titled "5 Things I Want My Daughter to Learn in School." This too was a short list of things he wished was emphasized in his daughter education. He had to set aside his profession as an educator and really be a father while making this list.
This list included the following:
1.) Thinking
2.) Empathy
3.) Purpose
4.) Creativity
5.) Difference Making
Again, for each idea on his list he explains into details why he wants each of these things in his daughter's education. I stated how I also wished those things for my future children and even my future students. The post was very well thought out. I agreed that children can start making a difference now in their lives.

wish list

No comments:

Post a Comment