Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog Post #3

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?

tree iced over


This week we were basically forced to sit inside for three days because it was so icy outside. During the week, we were assigned to watch two videos and a slideshow about peer editing and the correct way to go about doing it. My favorite video of the two was titled Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. The video presented a class of fourth or fifth graders showing what NOT to do when reviewing a peer's writing. This video was very clever and helpful, but also quite hilarious! The other video and slideshow just give helpful tips and steps on how to properly peer edit.

The video and slideshow gave three steps to go by when peer editing. The three steps include compliments, suggestions, and corrections. First, I am always to start of my peer review with a compliment. Then, I can give suggestions to make their writing better. Lastly, I can give corrections on grammar, punctuation, etc. I agree that HOW you state things when peer editing is very important. I am going to peer edit someone else's writing the same way I would want someone to peer editing my writing. I think peer editing is very important and is very beneficial not only to the writer, but to the one editing as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Remember that links are a blog post requirement. Images are also required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,

    I totally agree with you about the Top 10 mistakes video. It was definitely very helpful and funny so that it kept you engaged in the video and helped you to remember the mistakes they covered. The slideshow was helpful to me especially because I made an outline while following along with it to better aid me in peer editing in the future. I also feel the same as you in that I review and edit a peer's work the same way I would want someone to review mine. Just like Jacey said, link in the websites to your blog post and also include a picture. Other than that, great post!

    ReplyDelete