Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T#1

I was assigned to post comments on Principal Julie Vincentsen's blog. Her most recent blog that I read discussed audio books. She was stating how audio books can help readers who struggle with reading. It helps some students to be able to hear the book read to them. This helps them understand the story better. She discusses how iPods and MP3 players are so small that a student having a book read to them with one of these would not be so distracting for the student's peers. She also goes on to list places where audio books are available. In reply to this blog, I agreed that audio books was a fantastic idea to help struggling readers. I think audio books are heard with expression and emotion which can help the reader engage in the story and understand it better.

Another one of Principal Vincentsen's blogs that I read discussed report cards. She states how students feel anxious and nervous when bringing home their report card to their parents. They are scared of being grounded or getting in trouble for their grades. She discusses how parents should try to focus more on what makes them proud, instead of focusing on any of the bad grades their child may have received. In reply to this blog, I state how when I was younger my parents always told me to just do my best and that was good enough for them. I agree that parents should show their children how proud they are of them for doing their best, no matter what their best may be.

audio books

No comments:

Post a Comment