Thursday, February 27, 2014

C4K#1

For the month of February, I was assigned to post comments on various kids' blogs. The first week I was assigned to post a comment on a fifth grade student's blog from Mrs. Schneider's English class. They were from Missouri. In this blog post, the student discussed argumentative writing and what a thesis statement was. The student gave step by step instructions on how to write a thesis statement. I commented on the blog post saying how this would help me while writing since I have been doing a lot of writing in college.

The second week I commented on a student named Daniel's blog post from Mrs. Caddy's class. They were from Virginia, MN. They student's blog was actually a survey that I responded to. The survey had just a few questions, some serious and some silly.
The questions said:
1.) How tall are you?
2.) How many pets do you have?
3.) How big are your feet?
4.) Do you have teeth?
5.) Do you have long hair?
I commented on the survey stating how I loved the uniqueness of the questions and I enjoyed answering them.

The third week I commented on a student named Aubrey from Mrs. Schneider's third grade English class. Aubrey posted blogs about the weather. Her most recent blog was about how Gary Lezark from their local weather channel was coming to visit English Landing on March 25, 2014. He was going to discuss weather forecasting. She also provided a video of him on the weather channel. I commented saying how that must be exhilarating for her to meet him since she blogs about the weather.

The last week I was assign to comment on Russwell Wilson The Big Dog's blog post from Mrs. Miller's fourth block class. His most recent post was about NFL football. He provided many facts about NFL football in his blog post. I commented saying how you could tell by the way he talked about football that he is a dedicated fan. I liked how he used many facts to back up what he was discussing. I said it was interesting reading all the facts because I do not know that much about football. I did not learn the rules of football until I got to college.

kids on a computer

No comments:

Post a Comment