Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog Post #12

For this blog post assignment I researched assistive technologies for hearing impaired students. I found that there are actually quite a few assistive technologies for students that have trouble hearing. One thing I found that I would actually use in my future classroom is called audio loops. Audio loops are adaptations of Frequency-Modulated (FM) Amplification Systems. The loops amplify the sound directly through wire connection radio waves to the hearing aid. This decreases any background noise the student may be hearing. It also enables the teacher to be able to move through out the classroom and the student is still able to hear them speaking. I think this would be very useful in a classroom and I would definitely use it.

audio loop explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment